Suicide Prevention Options
- If there is an immediate danger of suicide, contact the UC Police Department or your nearest Police Station by dialing 911
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room; on campus, go to the UCLA Hospital Emergency Room
- Contact Counseling and Psychological Services to consult with a crisis counselor at (310) 825-0768 24-hours daily
- Call the Los Angeles Suicide Prevention Center 24-hour Crisis Hotline at (310) 391-1253
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You will be routed to the closest possible crisis center in your area.
Violence Prevention Options
- If there is an immediate danger of violence or if violence has occurred, contact the UC Police Department or your nearest Police Station by dialing 911
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room; on campus go to the UCLA Hospital Emergency Room
- If you are concerned about a student’s potential for violence, contact the Student Care Manager at (310) 825-0628 or (310) 825-3894, Dean of Students at (310) 825-3871 or your residence hall staff
- If you have concerns about a student’s anger management skills or potential for violence, contact Counseling and Psychological Services at (310) 825-0768
Urgent Emotional or Psychological Crises
Counseling and Psychological Services professionals are available to provide immediate assessment and intervention for students faced with a crisis or concern that feels too overwhelming to wait for a regularly scheduled appointment.
- Contact Counseling and Psychological Services at (310) 825-0768 Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Speak to a Counseling and Psychological Services professional available for in-person crisis consultation, assessment and intervention weekdays from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
- Speak to a professional Counseling and Psychological Services crisis clinician by phone by calling the Counseling and Psychological Services phone number (310) 825-0768 anytime during the day or night.