The Ashe Center wants all UCLA students to feel comfortable accessing all of their medical needs through our facility, which is why we developed the BruinCare program. While many undergraduate students waive the UCLA Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP), these students are likely to still utilize Ashe services because of our center's convenience and central location.
BruinCare is a program that gives students who have waived UC SHIP prepaid access to certain core services at The Ashe Center.
Remember, all registered students have access to Ashe Center services (regardless of what insurance plan they have) but small fees apply for services rendered. By purchasing BruinCare, you eliminate the $12 visit fee, $10 per core lab fees, and $25 per x-ray procedure that students who waive UC SHIP incur on their BruinBill Account.
For only $50 per quarter (or $75 per semester for Law and Medical students), students get unlimited access to these core services:
- All Ashe Primary Care Provider and Specialist visits
- Core Laboratory tests
- Core X-Rays not requiring specialized equipment
Thus, BruinCare provides students (and parents) with the convenience of prepaid health care right on campus, rather than traveling to an outside provider.
Please note, BruinCare is NOT health insurance and does not cover emergency room care, services rendered outside The Ashe Center or non-core services at Ashe.
Although the following are NOT covered by BruinCare, all registered UCLA students have access to these services at Ashe with nominal fees associated:
- Non-core laboratory tests
- Physical exams requiring completion of health form(s)
- Pap smears/Thin Prep/ Non GYN Pap Smears
- Acupuncture visits
- Massage visits
- Physical & Occupational Therapy visits
- Orthopedic devices/casting/splinting
- Procedures (eye irrigation, ear irrigation, etc.)
- Immunizations/Allergy Clinic
- Injections or IVs administered
- Medications filled (reduced cost for students)
- Optometry services
- EKG and pulmonary function tests
- Missed appointment fees