Skip to main content
Do I need a referral for behavioral health services?

    Yes. To obtain a referral, you must be evaluated first by a clinician at the UCLA Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) center. If deemed medically necessary, you will be given a referral. Coordination of benefits will be according to UC SHIP guidelines. Incurring outside services will not be paid for by the plan. All out-of-area outpatient care requires prior approval from the NPBHS clinical coordinator.