Skip to main content
I am on filing fee status. How do I get UC SHIP?

​  You must have had UC SHIP in the previous term to qualify for the Non-Registered Voluntary UC SHIP on “filing fee” status. You only have a maximum of one term, semester or quarter, under this plan. If interested in purchasing, please contact Wells Fargo Insurance Services, a contracted affiliate of UC SHIP, at (800) 853-5899 for enrollment and payment. They are fully responsible for this process.

   If you waived UC SHIP enrollment in the prior coverage period, or term, and you lost previous coverage with your private insurance company, you must present an official copy of your Letter of Terminated Coverage to Wells Fargo in order to purchase the Non-Registered Voluntary UC SHIP. If issues occur, please notify the Student Health Insurance Office at